1. Are Falcon Gauges TSO'd?
Falcon Gauges are not TSO'd, but made to TSO or MIL specifications for quality. This helps keep prices down and suitable for the experimental market.
2. What is your warranty policy?
Falcon Gauges carry a one year limited warranty from date of purchase.
3. Where do I send my product for repairs after warranty expiration?
You may ship the instrument to us at Wultrad Inc. 950 Rand Rd. Ste. 119 Wauconda, IL 60084. Please call us for non-warranty repair cost.
1. I just received my accelerometer and it is in the locked position. What should I do?
The unit should be unlocked first for use and then locked when it is being transported.
2. The accelerometer doesn't seem to register properly?
Please follow these directions to reset the accelerometer...
1. I have an Altimeter and it does not read correctly, can I adjust it myself?
Yes, click here for directions.
2. When I turn the knob on the Altimeter, one or more of the pointers does not move, what should I do?
Send it back to us for repair, you can find our address here
Can I mount the Card Compass in my panel?
Yes, you can, but is not recommended. If you insist, please install the shock absorber as well
What happens to my compass in the southern hemisphere?
For a compass to work properly, the compass needle must be free to rotate and align with the magnetic field. The difference between compasses designed to work in the northern and southern hemispheres is simply the location of the "balance", a weight placed on the needle to ensure it remains in a horizontal plane and hence free to rotate. In the northern hemisphere, the magnetic field dips down into the Earth so the compass needle has a weight on the south end of the needle to keep the needle in the horizontal plane. In the southern hemisphere, the weight needs to be on the north end of the needle. If you did not change the weight, the needle would not rotate freely, and hence would not work properly.
1. Does your Electrical DG have a heading indicator?
Yes, it does feature a heading indicator
2. Does your Electrical DG have the ability to be hooked to an autopilot?
No, it does not have the feature.
1. Can I perform acrobatic maneuvers with your Electrical Horizon Gyro?
Yes, but it is not recommended. In the event that you do, lock the caging knob first. In order to preserve the gyro's life, remove before performing acrobatics
2. To install the gyro on my panel, how can I remove the knob?
You do not remove the knob, but a slot on your panel instead, to have the knob fit in.
I installed my Turn Coordinator, but am experiencing radio interference, what should I do?
Install the Turn Coordinator as far away from the Tach, Compass, and Radio as possible. Make sure to use metal shielded wires and only ground the shielded wire end by the turn coordinator plug, if problems persist, you may install an external filter.